Effective Date: December 8, 2015.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
- How and why we collect certain information from you via our Services;
- How we use and with whom we share this information;
- How you can access and update this information; and
- The choices you can make about how we collect, use and share your information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Ellie Mae collects information from Website visitors and users of our products and services in a variety of manners, and also obtains information from third parties (including our customers’ borrowers and from service providers) in the course of providing our Services to customers. This information includes:
- Information You Provide in Sales Inquiries. When you request information through the Website, we ask you to provide your name, title, company, address, email and telephone number. If you choose to contact us through the contact information available through the“Contact Us”link on the Website, we will collect your email address or your telephone number, the ClientID associated with your account, if any, and other identifying information you may provide.
- Registration Information. When you register to use one of Ellie Mae’s products or services, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, and other information that we use to contact you or provide services to you.
- Usage Information. Like most online services, we collect standard technical, information when you use our Services, including, but not limited to unique device identifiers, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser types, internet service providers (ISPs), the number and duration of page visits and the number of clicks.
- Cookies and Other Technologies. We collect certain information through the use of “cookies” (also called “HTTP cookies” or “browser cookies”) and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our Services. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Google provides some additional privacy options relating to Google analytics, described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our Services or email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
- Borrower Information. In the course of delivering our hosted products and services—including Encompass, Encompass Product & Pricing Service, CenterWise, WebCenter, TPO WebCenter, Mavent/Encompass Compliance Service, the Ellie Mae Network, Consumer Direct, Encompass Document Management, and Encompass CRM—we receive information about our customers’ borrowers (which may include personal information), which is provided by our customers. In some instances we collect information directly from our customers’ borrowers, such as when we provide our WebCenter, Consumer Direct, Encompass CRM or Encompass Product & Pricing Services to our customers. We process this information on the behalf of our customers. Our customers are responsible for providing notice and obtaining appropriate consents to collect data from their borrowers and to provide it to us as their service provider.
- Transactional Information. Ellie Mae may also create transactional records of each of the transactions or other events occurring through our Services. This transactional information is generally collected for the purpose of loan document creation, origination, management, and distribution, to enable Ellie Mae to provide its Services, to enable the services provided by third parties (including determinations of qualification for loans or the interest rates to be applied to loans), and to enable Ellie Mae to comply with various legal obligations.
- Messaging Services and Other Communications. Ellie Mae enables users of certain Services to communicate with each other through those Services using messaging services like chat or email. We collect and process this information to enable our customers to communicate and collaborate.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use information we collect through our Services in a variety of ways to provide our Services and to operate our business, including the following:
- To Provide our Services. We use the information that we collect (i) to operate, test, maintain, enhance and provide features of our Services; (ii) to provide services and information that you request; and (iii) to provide support to customers, users, and site visitors.
- To Improve, Analyze, and Personalize our Services. We use the information that we collect (i) to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences; (ii) to monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our Services; (iii) to improve our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; (iv) to personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use our Services, and (v) to provide customized content and information.
- To Contact You. We may use your email address or other information we collect to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including marketing or promotional communications relating to our Services. Generally, you have the ability to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below.
- Aggregate, De-identified Data. We aggregate and de-identify data collected through our Services and use it for purposes such as creating and publishing reports about the use of our products and services, including users’ interests, usage patterns, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
We do not respond to “do not track” browser signals at this time.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share, transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- To Our Customers. Transactional Information collected through our Services may be available to customer account administrators or other customer account managers, and may be shared with borrowers, other loan originators or Ellie Mae customers, and third parties for loan origination and management purposes. Ellie Mae customers may use certain information they collect through Ellie Mae products and services (such as the Encompass Consumer Direct product) for marketing or promotional communications.
- To Service Providers. We work with third party service providers to provide website services, application development, hosting, maintenance, operations, marketing, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us, and may be located outside of the United States. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information. These service providers are not permitted to use information we share that might identify you for any purpose other than to provide services to Ellie Mae or to you. In connection with the hosting of a website for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”), we share information with HUD about support calls regarding the HUD website we host.
- In Aggregate, De-Identified Form. We may make certain aggregated, de-identified non-personal information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) for compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, usage patterns, and borrowing and loan origination trends.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection of Our Rights. We may disclose your information (including your personal information) to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of our Website, or products and services, (d) to protect the property, rights, and safety of Ellie Mae, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person, or (f) to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations.
- In Significant Business Transactions. Your information, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
OUR POLICY CONCERNING CHILDREN
Our Website, products, and services relate to the residential real estate market and are intended for the use of adults over the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children and children should not use our Website or our products or services at any time.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF LINKED SITES AND ADVERTISERS
Our Website, products, and services may contain links to other sites, as well as advertisements from companies linking to their own sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have any questions about how these other sites use your information, you should contact them directly.
Ellie Mae has physical, administrative and technical measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information gathered through the Ellie Mae Website and the Ellie Mae products and services, and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information. For example, Ellie Mae generally uses Transport Layer Security (TLS), using both server authentication and data encryption, when you connect to the Ellie Mae Services. While we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and therefore we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you send to us.
HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
You can access and update the information that you have provided to us as follows:
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to review, amend or delete your personal information collected by us through email or telephone sales contacts if you have not chosen to obtain services from Ellie Mae.
- If you have an Encompass account, you can review and make changes to certain personal information, company information, and other data within the“Settings”menu of Encompass. We require that you keep your contact information current and accurate.
- For certain information we collect, including account information, we may provide you with the opportunity to delete this information from our records. Please note that not all information we collect or that is created through our products or services may be deleted.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails at any time by following the steps to “unsubscribe” described in the footer of our marketing emails. Your opt-out will become effective in 10 days or less.
If you are a customer and choose to terminate your relationship with Ellie Mae, you may be permitted under your agreement with Ellie Mae to obtain a copy of the data in your Ellie Mae Encompass account. Please refer to the text of your agreement with Ellie Mae for further information.
Ellie Mae, Inc.
4420 Rosewood Dr., Suite 500
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Attn: Legal Department