Ellie Mae Gives Back to the Community With Volunteer Outreach Program
PLEASANTON, CA – January 9, 2012 – Ellie Mae® (NYSE Amex: ELLI), a leading provider of automation solutions for the residential mortgage industry, announced today that its volunteer, employee-run community outreach program, EllieCares, continued to grow stronger in 2011 and will be expanded to its regional offices in 2012.
EllieCares is run entirely by Ellie Mae employee-volunteers. A committee of Ellie Mae employees selects both local and national organizations that will be beneficiaries of the employees’ fundraising and outreach activities. Ellie Mae supports EllieCares by giving employees time off with pay for participating in these volunteer activities and matching employee-raised contributions.
Some of EllieCares’ initiatives in the past three years have included:
- Fulfilling the holiday wishes of needy children through the Family Giving Tree;
- Hosting the annual Ellie Mae Marketplace fundraiser for the Alameda County Community Food Bank, as well as supporting food drives and volunteer workdays during the year;
- Building homes with Habitat for Humanity East Bay;
- Helping to staff the Walk for Wishes fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Bay Area Chapter, in California;
- Preparing and serving meals to homeless and needy members of the community with City Team Oakland;
- Painting transitional housing for families for the Family Emergency Shelter Coalition;
- Giving blood donations to the American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter; and
- Creating and selling earthquake-preparedness kits to raise money for the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund.
“Giving back is part of our heritage and our culture. Ellie Mae team members are passionate about helping people in need and making a difference in our community,” said Sig Anderman, Chief Executive Officer of Ellie Mae. “In the past few years, our volunteers have raised thousands of dollars for worthy charities and brightened the holidays for many children in our community. I am proud of the success of EllieCares and am excited to see it do even more in 2012.”
About Ellie Mae
Ellie Mae (NYSE Amex: ELLI) is a provider of automation solutions for the mortgage industry. The company's offerings include the Encompass®, Encompass360® and DataTrac® mortgage management software systems. Ellie Mae hosts the Ellie Mae Network™ that allows mortgage professionals to conduct electronic business transactions with the lenders and settlement service providers they work with to process and fund loans. Ellie Mae was founded in 1997 and is based in Pleasanton, California. To learn more about Ellie Mae, visit www.EllieMae.com or call 877.355.4362.
©2012 Ellie Mae, Inc. Ellie Mae®, Encompass®, Encompass360®, DataTrac®, Ellie Mae Network™, CenterWise™ and the Ellie Mae logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ellie Mae, Inc. or its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks or copyrights of their respective owners.